Edward D. Halpin
OWNER AND CEO OF HALPIN LEADERSHIP INDUSTRIES INC.
Prior to becoming CEO of HLI Ed Halpin served as Senior Vice President, Generation and Chief Nuclear Officer (CNO) for Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E-Retired December 2017). In this role, Ed was responsible for overall strategic direction and leading upwards of 3,000 employees who were focused on the safe, reliable and affordable operation of all sources of PG&E owned generation. He also served as the President and Chief Executive Officer of Fuelco, a privately held limited liability company owned by Ameren Missouri and PG&E responsible for nuclear fuel supply, fabrication and delivery, and the CEO of Eureka Energy which manages the 13,000 acres of land surrounding Diablo Canyon nuclear power plant. Ed also just finished an assignment as Chairman of the Board of STARS (Strategic Teaming and Resource Sharing LLC) made up of 7 nuclear units and four utilities which were focused on improving safety, reliability and cost.
Ed is a 35-year energy industry veteran and was one of the longest-serving active CNO’s in the U.S. nuclear industry. Prior to joining PG&E, he served as Chairman of the Board, South Texas Project Nuclear Operating Company (STP-Retired March 2012), for whom he also served as President, Chief Executive Officer and CNO. During his tenure with STP, which began in 1988 as a Start Up Engineer, Ed earned positions of increasing responsibility and leadership, including Systems and Design Engineering Manager, Maintenance Manager, Operations Manager, Plant Manager, Vice President of Oversight and Site Vice President. Prior to joining STP, he served as an officer in the U.S. Navy’s Nuclear Power Submarine Service.
CURRENT AND PAST MEMBERSHIPS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Local Economic Development Committee San Luis Obispo
- Economic Development Sub Committee Central Coast of California
- President’s Cabinet, California Polytechnic State University at San Luis Obispo
- Board of Directors, Nuclear Electric Insurance Limited (NEIL)
- Subcommittee Chair of the Emerging Risk Committee (NEIL)
- Board of Directors and Chairman, Strategic Teaming and Resource Sharing (STARS)
- Board of Directors, Nuclear Energy Institute (NEI)
- Member, Nuclear Facilities Decommissioning Master Trust Committee PG&E
- Executive Advisory Group, Institute of Nuclear Power Operations
- Executive Advisory Board, Holtec/SMR
- Community Incident Response Executive Advisory Committee, Nuclear Energy Institute
- Communications Advisory Committee, Institute of Nuclear Power Operations
- Certified and Active Instructor for Crucial Conversations and Facilitative Leadership
- Fukushima Response Steering Committee
- Advisory Committee, Lucia Mar School Foundation
- Treasurer, Brazosport College Foundation